Materials and tools:
- At least four toilet paper rolls.
- A few toothpicks.
- A plate (diameter around 17cm).
- Heavy colored paper of any color.
- Color markers.
- A recycled cardboard box.
1) Place a round plate over a piece of colored paper. Trace with a pencil the circle around the plate.
2) With scissors cut along the circle.
3) Fold the paper circle in half.
4) Cut along the crease.
7) Apply glue along the top edge of the paper roll. Glue the cone roof and the toilet paper roll together.
8) With pencil and color markers draw some architectural elements like windows and doors.
Make taller towers
9) Find two toilet paper rolls.
10) Draw a line around the roll, near the top edge. With scissors cut slits from the edge to the guide line.
11) Press the flaps inward.
13) Press the rolls together and add a cone roof.
Make a room for the princess
In fairy tales the princesses live in the most isolated room on the top of a tower.
14) Take two toilet paper rolls and cut one roll in half. In the second roll make two slits with scissors.
15) Slide the half roll inside the slits. Glue the cone roof on top.
Make a Château
Cut a rectangle out of the cardboard box. Arrange the towers and glue them onto the cardboard.
Cut the cardboard around the Chateau to make it look like an island surrounded by a moat.
Add a bridge to gap the moat.
Cut a ring out of the toilet paper roll. Make two slits, one opposite the other dividing the ring into two semi- cylinders.
With the semi-cylinder make an arch bridge.
Make flags with tooth picks and colored paper.
Make larger fortresses.
Combine several architectural elements, like walls with battlements, bridges, towers etc to make more cmplex castles and fortresses.